KOVOHUTĚ HOLDING DT, a.s., division Kovohutě Čelákovice, launched an
investment plan for the years 2000 to 2004.
- In 2000, we made a number of investments. These investments were above
all aimed at machinery for improving of the surface quality and testing
- A coiler for winding wires into baskets was purchased
from ASMAG in 2000 as an accessory to our Schloeman 25 MN press. The coiler
can be used for winding pressed wire into baskets in diameters ranging
from 6 to 40 mm. This machine essentially helped to improve the surface
quality of pressed wire as well as drawn rods.
- An annealing, hood-type furnace HICON/H2 was purchased
in 2000 from EBNER for bright annealing brass wire in a controlled
atmosphere. The furnace is controlled by a high tech control system,
which guarantees specified values for annealing material. The system
provides data recording and annealing record printing. We have achieved
a substantial improvement in product surface quality.
- An up-to-date combined draw machine was purchased for rod
manufacturing with a flying saw, a rotary straightening machine, and
rod-ends finishing. It is used primarily for manufacturing round and
hexagonal rods from lead brasses in sizes ranging from 15 to 25 mm.
- A Spectrometer XRF 9800 was purchased from ARL for the
analysis and testing of semi-products in the foundry. This equipment is
able to find elements ranging from Al to U of the periodic system in low
concentrations. Two analytical balances were purchased, too.
- We also purchased four automatic gates for the factory
building and implemented a new gas heating system. Both of these
investments helped save energy.
In 2004, we concentrated all investment projects on
improvement of surface quality, increasing labor productivity and costs
- Run-out of press 30 MN - The reconstruction of the press 30 MN started in
2003. In 2004, the installation of the run-out was done and the press was
put into operation. This investment is aimed of quality improvement of
extrusions in straight lengths.
- Degreasing line - The degreasing line was purchased for the improvement of
surface quality. It is aimed at the removal of greasy dirt on surface of
semi-final products that are tempered. Purchasing of the degreasing line is
the first step in our project "Competitiveness increasing of of
semi-final products in straight lengths". The socond step will be the
investment in the pickling process in 2005.
- Pickling bath - For better quality of pickling of drawn semi-final
products, we purchased a pickling bath for the second level of the pickling
- High-lift trucks - Investment in a complete renewal of the high-lift
trucks has brought savings of costs of fuel, maintenance and repairs.